This summer, Downtown Pittsfield, Inc. held a photo challenge to find the photo that best captures why downtown Pittsfield is the “Heart of the Berkshires”. Entrants were encouraged to capture photos that showcased the beauty and personality of downtown Pittsfield, keeping in mind the theme “Heart of the Berkshires”.
The first-place winner, as determined by a panel of local judges, is Brittany Hunter. Her photo “Fountain Flowers” has won her a prize package donated by local downtown businesses, and her photo will be featured in Pittsfield’s 2023 Downtown Guide and a Downtown Pittsfield, Inc. social marketing campaign.
“Many evenings I will walk North Street with my family,” says Hunter. “While we were enjoying watching the sun go down at Park Square both my son and daughter noticed the beautiful flower gardens. They enjoyed looking at them and smelling them. That is where I took my photo Fountain Flowers”.
The second-place winner, Jason Stimpson, will also take home a prize package donated by local downtown businesses. The winning photo is composed of 17 photographs taken over the course of an hour and forty-five minutes while the camera remained on a tripod.
Honorable Mentions: Nicole March “Love always reflects back to you” (3rd Place), Julia Beth Kaplan, Jason Crane, and Susan Geller.
The winners of the Pittsfield Photo Challenge were decided by an esteemed panel of Pittsfield judges:
- Alex Reczkowski, Director, Berkshire Athenaeum
- Arri Better, Executive Administrator, Downtown Pittsfield, Inc.
- Branden Huldeen, DPI Board President and Artistic Producer/Director of New Play Development, Barrington Stage Company
- Jessica Rumlow, DPI Board Chair and Executive Director/CEO, Berkshire Family YMCA
- Mayor Linda Tyer, City of Pittsfield
- Lindsey Schmid, 1Berkshire VP of Tourism & Marketing and DPI Board Member
- Michael J. Wynn, Chief of Police, Pittsfield Police Department
- Rebecca Brien, Managing Director, Downtown Pittsfield, Inc.
- Representative Tricia Farley-Bouvier
The first and second place winners will win an assortment of prizes donated by the following businesses: 101 Restaurant & Bar, Barrington Stage Company, Berkshire Fitness and Wellness Center, Berkshire Yoga Dance & Fitness, Otto’s Kitchen & Comfort, and Soma’s Aromas.