Celebrate the Autumn season with the 3rd annual Harvest Festival in Downtown Pittsfield on Saturday, October 13th, 2018 from 9 am to 1 pm! Bring the family to The Common on First Street and enjoy the sights and sounds of the Downtown Pittsfield Farmers Market plus free activities for the whole family to celebrate the harvest and the close of the outdoor market season.
“Fall is one of my favorite times at the market… It is a time to celebrate the local harvest and the farmers who have been feeding us all season long. Our Harvest Fest will have loads of free activities for the whole family, live music and delicious food to remind you what it’s all about!” Jessica Vecchia (Director, Alchemy Initiative).
The City of Pittsfield’s Office of Cultural Development and the Downtown Pittsfield Farmers Market teamed up for the first-time in 2016 to develop the Harvest Festival as an alternative to the October 3rd Thursday. Children are encouraged to dress up in their Halloween costumes, and event sponsor Greylock Federal Credit Union will have a giveaway for each participant in costume from 11 am to 1 pm.
– Adams Community Bank’s Alzheimer’s Committee Fundraiser: a CRAFT FAIR with 10 local vendors helping to raise funds for Alzheimer’s!
– Meet Dan Sadlowski, author of Finding Brooklyn – And The Next Great Superhero, and get your copy of his book!
– Live music with Amherst-based singer-songwriter Luke DeRoy from 10:30 am to 12:30 pm. Luke is stopping in Pittsfield on his farmers market and brewery tour to promote and fund his first album. https://soundcloud.com/luke-deroy/jaded-to-blue
– “Future Farmer” selfie photo booth… be prepared to snap a hundred photos!
– Free blood pressure screening and health education with Berkshire Health Systems.
11 am to 1 pm Harvest Features:
– Watch (and taste) a live cooking demo with chef The Natural Cook with Anna Gershenson. Part of the Farmers Market’s monthly chef demo series sponsored by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts.
– Sport your Halloween costume and visit Greylock Federal Credit Union’s booth for giveaways!
– The Roaming Railroad, popular at 3rd Thursday, will be giving FREE rides to all attendees!
The following farmers and food producers will also be featured at the October 13th Harvest Festival and Farmers Market:
– Abode Farm CSA
– Assembly Coffee Roasters
– Cricket Creek Farm
– Four Corners Farm
– Green Meads Farm Herbals
– Green Heron Farm
– Holiday Brook Farm
– Mountain Girl Farm
– Shire Fire Candles
– Smokey Divas with their 92nd Sauce
– Square Roots Farm
– Taft Farms
– White Goose Gardens
– Windsor Jambs Farm
– Windy Ridge Farm
“The Downtown Pittsfield Farmers Market provides a venue for local farmers, food producers, and artisans to bring fresh, locally-grown and produced food and related products to all members of our community.” The Market is a program of Alchemy Initiative.
By contributor Kimberly Cortes-Gritman and the Downtown Pittsfield Farmers Market
Images courtesy of Downtown Pittsfield Farmers Market (Jessica Vecchia and Regina Burgio)